Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 09:48:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Sad News

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sad News  (Read 714 times)
Alicat
« on: February 17, 2012, 06:22:14 pm »

My gorgeous darling 16 year old Siamese, Holly, had to be put to sleep on Friday. I have been in Hastings for a few weeks and Holly was pining for me. She had being getting quite frail over the past year after Zara - her best friend - died last January. Holly had lost a lot of weight. When I arrived home on Thursday afternoon, Holly looked a lot frailer than previously. My flatmate said she hadn't been heating for 2 days before I came home. I took her to see my wonderful Vet on Friday morning. She said there was something major going on with Holly. There was no way Holly would have coped being in Intensive Care. She was very much my little girl and would have been extremely distressed being with strangers. The Vet suspected amongst other things she may have pancreatitis. Holly was an extremely proper wee lady. She was extremely loyal and loving to me. I miss her so much. Bailey (little Burmese) has been looking fter her for quite a few months now so she is grieving.

RIP Holly - one of life's little angels
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Magoo
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 01:50:13 pm »

I infrequently visit this board so am a little late in offering my sumpathy on the loss of your wee darling.    How lucky you and she were to have shared 16 years.   
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 08:18:22 am »

I infrequently visit this board so am a little late in offering my sumpathy on the loss of your wee darling.    How lucky you and she were to have shared 16 years.   

Holly was the best wee Christmas surprise I ever received. I had ordered a Siamese kitten from a lovely Breeder in Blenheim. All kittens were spoken for but she promised that I was top of the list if there was a cancellation. The phone went 4 days before Christmas 1995 to say there had been a cancellation and I would have my ddear wee darling in time for Christmas - hence the name Holly.

My lovely wee Cream Burmese died in January 2011. Zara and Holly were inseparable and ever since Zara died, Holly has been getting frailer. Mum died suddenly 4 weeks ago. I was away for a few weeks and poor Holly just seemed to give up. I have Mum's little Seal Burmese living with me now - she's nearly 4 years old and is the half sister to my Chocolate Burmese girl, Bailey. Both Bailey and Mitzi adored Holly so they are grieving as well. Poor Mitzi lost Dad 6 months ago, Mum 4 weeks ago and now Holly. She has a lot of adjusting to do - as do I.
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 05:27:23 pm »

Oh my goodness Alicat.  I am so sorry for all the sadness you are coping with.   Sorry for the furbabies too.   Too sad indeed.   I am sure the coming together will form a very strong bond between you.   (((((((hug for all )))))))
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 09:20:17 am »

Gosh, I feel for you.

It is so hard when loved ones, regardless of the number of legs, pass away one after the other.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: