Xtra News Community 2
April 20, 2024, 12:39:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Yak crashes in Feilding.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yak crashes in Feilding.  (Read 191 times)
robman
Shit-Hot Member

« on: January 23, 2012, 01:00:12 pm »

Herald reporter spells Feilding wrong...

Two people have been confirmed dead after a fiery plane crash in a park near Fielding town centre.

Emergency services were called after witnesses reported a small plane going down in Timona Park to the east of the town centre at 10:46am.

Initial reports were that at least one person had been found dead in the "mangled" wreckage of the Aerostar Yak 52TW.

Inspector Ken Climo said authorities had now confirmed two bodies were at the crash site. No further details about the deceased were available.

Per Madie, who lives on a road bordering the park, said he heard a loud explosion when the plane went down.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10780577

"I heard it, and I thought it was a gas container that had blown up. It was just one sound.''

After a phone call from his neighbour, he headed out to the park to see the wreck of the aircraft partially buried in the ground.

"It's just a heap of wrangled metal. Most of it is underground. If one can imagine it's coming full force into the ground, then the front of it is buried.''

Report Spam   Logged

I once thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Im2Sexy4MyPants
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 02:13:09 pm »

Ouch
Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

If you want to know what's going on in the real world...
And the many things that will personally effect you.
Go to
http://www.infowars.com/

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
ssweetpea

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 03:26:33 pm »

For a sec there I thought you were refering to Yak even though I suspect he is on the other island.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Newtown-Fella
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 03:35:27 pm »

IMHO the title of this thread is misleading ....

it makes a reference to a member of this Board and makes everyone who hasnt read the full story think it is about a member of the Board  ....

an attempt at humour that has misfired ....

Report Spam   Logged
robman
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 03:45:01 pm »

it makes a reference to a member of this Board and makes everyone who hasnt read the full story think it is about a member of the Board  ....

Only in your chamber with the worn firing pin...
Report Spam   Logged

Newtown-Fella
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 04:18:12 pm »

read what else has been posted ......

even ssweetpea thought it was our Yak ....

the only chamber i see worn is your brain ....

just change the title of the thread to Yak-52 Plane Crashes in Fielding

but im not holding my breath for that to happen as you havent the balls to admit that you have been insensitive ...

Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 04:46:51 pm »

I'm sure if Yak feels victimized by the header he'll quick-smart let Robman know.
Report Spam   Logged
robman
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 04:50:17 pm »

read what else has been posted ......
I haven't been anything you fuckwit, it didn't occur to me to make the connection and I'm not one of those people who spend their lives trying to find something to get indignant about so I didn't foresee your overly sensitive reaction..

even ssweetpea thought it was our Yak ....

the only chamber i see worn is your brain ....

just change the title of the thread to Yak-52 Plane Crashes in Fielding

but im not holding my breath for that to happen as you havent the balls to admit that you have been insensitive ...

Report Spam   Logged

guest49
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 06:37:57 pm »

I'm sure if Yak feels victimized by the header he'll quick-smart let Robman know.
Not at all.  Thought it humorous

'Reports of my demise are greatly exaggerated' - mind you, these days I feel a lot closer to that seven foot skeleton and his scythe than I used.......
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 06:54:04 pm »

I knew you would find it funny.

Still, Robman used a valid marketing technique - and we all read the thread like a flock of sheep.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 07:26:32 pm »

Everyone involved in aviation knows who the pilot is.

The police early on identified the aeroplane as a Yak 52TW and although there are several Yak 52s in NZ, there is only one 52TW.

Yak 52s have tricycle undercarriages (with the mainwheels behind the centre of gravity, and a steerable nosewheel), but some Yak 52s were converted to tailwheel configuration with the mainwheels foward of the centre of gravity and a tailwheel instead of a steerable nosewheel. Those particular Yak 52s are designated 52TW (with the TW denoting that the aeroplane has a tailwheel).

A quick check on the NZ Civil Aviation Authority website confirms there is only one Yak 52TW registered in NZ, the name of the owner (he is well known in classic aviation circles) and that it is based at Taionui Aerodrome a couple of kilometres outside Feilding. So unless someone other than the owner was flying the Yak (highly unlikely) it is very obvious who the pilot was.

A sad loss for the aviation community of NZ. RIP.
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: