Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 09:46:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Parkinson’s disease

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Parkinson’s disease  (Read 347 times)
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« on: January 24, 2009, 03:10:19 pm »

Have just got back from the hospital visiting a good friend who has Parkinson’s disease  and had that brain operation done on Monday.  He was awake and they went into his brain and remove stuff to help him live beter.  I think it is the same op Micheal J Fox had.  We have known this guy for over 4 years and have seen him at his worst.  He has a long way to go and  he will not know for a while how good it has work but what an amazing difference it has made already.  We can understanding him talking, he can walk without  ad, and he is not shaking as bad.  Only had a short visit but wow even if he is as good as he is now it is 300% better than he was.  What a great operation.
Report Spam   Logged

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Alicat
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 04:47:08 pm »

I hope it works for him. It's such a nasty disease.
Report Spam   Logged
Brownie55
Global Moderator
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

OK, so what’s the speed of dark?

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 11:38:42 am »

Parkinsons is horrible.  Hope your friend improves heaps Kiwi.
Report Spam   Logged

I almost had a psychic boyfriend, but he left me before we met.
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 07:36:29 pm »

Aww mate - wishes your friend heals fast  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
wgtngirl
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 08:42:51 pm »

Hope your friend does improve k1w1.  We watched mr welly's mother succumb to Parkinsons Disease over 20 years....it was horrible.  When death finally claimed her it was a relief for her to be no longer in pain and suffering.
Report Spam   Logged
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 08:45:08 pm »

he is doing really well.  Parkinsons and MS are two of the most horrible things I have ever seen people had to deal with. 
Report Spam   Logged

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 09:50:50 am »

Friend is out of hospital and was at Church yesterday.  He is walking amazinly but his speach has gone a little funny.   He is getting really pissed off.  But like the doctors say once you get home they will have to re adjust thing for a while until it becomes right.  I can still understand him better than before. 
Report Spam   Logged

relaxed1
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 09:32:22 am »

Kiwi can you tell what kind of operation he had done....my mum inlaws friend has it she is such a darling so i would love to know more about it please
Report Spam   Logged

I know how i am and your approval isn't needed
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 02:28:15 pm »

Relaxed I will ask hubbie as it is his mate and knows all about it.  I will also try and find some web sites for you so you can get the right info.
Report Spam   Logged

relaxed1
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 05:13:19 pm »

Kiwi...thanks
Report Spam   Logged

I know how i am and your approval isn't needed
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 07:15:01 am »

I am sorry I did not see hubbie last night, I was out the door before he got home and was so tired had shower and went to be.  I will asked him tonight.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: