Xtra News Community 2
March 30, 2024, 12:19:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

2014 GENERAL ELECTION

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014 GENERAL ELECTION  (Read 3080 times)
Im2Sexy4MyPants
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #125 on: September 13, 2014, 04:33:14 pm »

How successful politicians look the part

an idea how to stop pollies being judged by looks

Report Spam   Logged

Are you sick of the bullshit from the sewer stream media spewed out from the usual Ken and Barby dickless talking point look a likes.

If you want to know what's going on in the real world...
And the many things that will personally effect you.
Go to
http://www.infowars.com/

AND WAKE THE F_ _K UP
ssweetpea

« Reply #126 on: September 14, 2014, 12:48:39 pm »

I have noticed something odd about the vandalism of the bill boards locally in recent weeks.
After the bits of paper about climate change that appeared on all of them were removed at the beginning of the campaign that is.

The Act ones have been burned -all of them.
The National one featuring John Key only has had the phase I'm a dick added another outside of a street of state houses has been removed, the other National ones featuring our local MP Jonathan Coleman, with one exception are untouched. The one that has been damaged only the picture of Key has been defaced.
A Mana/Internet one has had "I'm the man" added under the face of Hone Harawera. Others are untouched.
I haven't seen a Conservative one.
None of the others have any damage at all. All of the Green and Labour boards are untouched.

Is this an indication of how Northcote will swing? Not that I have driven down to the Northcote part of the electorate.

Or is this just an indication of who is maintaining their hoardings?
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #127 on: September 14, 2014, 01:11:49 pm »

Meanwhile, in Wairarapa, taking a drive down SH2 from Masterton to Featherston is an interesting exercise. In the countryside (between the towns), there are National Party election hoardings erected at approximately 1km intervals, in EACH DIRECTION. Talk about total VISUAL POLLUTION of the countryside on a huge scale. And for about every three National Party hoardings, there is one Conservative Party hoarding.

By way of comparison Labour, Greens, NZ First, ACT, Internet-Mana and Maori Party hoardings are extremely thin on the ground out in the countryside.

So this causes one to ponder one of two possibilities.....either Nats and Conservatives are VANDALS who won't tolerate any other parties' hoardings being on display and have accordingly smashed them up and removed them; or all those other political parties AREN'T into VISUAL POLLUTION on a vast scale, unlike the Nats and Conservatives who selfishly don't give a shit about visual pollution.

Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #128 on: September 14, 2014, 01:12:41 pm »

Anyway, I had this sent to me....I think it's hilarious!!   

Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #129 on: September 14, 2014, 11:38:44 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #130 on: September 14, 2014, 11:39:36 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #131 on: September 14, 2014, 11:42:06 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #132 on: September 14, 2014, 11:42:50 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #133 on: September 14, 2014, 11:43:27 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #134 on: September 18, 2014, 11:18:23 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #135 on: September 19, 2014, 07:45:37 am »

HOW TO START EACH DAY WITH A FRESH, POSITIVE OUTLOOK
 1. Open a new file in your computer.
 2. Name it 'John Key'.
 3. Send it to the Recycle Bin.
 4. Empty the Recycle Bin.
 5. Your PC will ask you: 'Do you really want to get rid of 'John Key?'
 6. Firmly Click 'Yes.'
 7. Feel better?
 GOOD! - Tomorrow we'll do Gerry Brownlee
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #136 on: September 19, 2014, 12:44:59 pm »

HOW TO START EACH DAY WITH A FRESH, POSITIVE OUTLOOK
 1. Open a new file in your computer.
 2. Name it 'John Key'.
 3. Send it to the Recycle Bin.
 4. Empty the Recycle Bin.
 5. Your PC will ask you: 'Do you really want to get rid of 'John Key?'
 6. Firmly Click 'Yes.'
 7. Feel better?
 GOOD! - Tomorrow we'll do Gerry Brownlee

I Shocked gotta go pass that on

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
ssweetpea

« Reply #137 on: September 19, 2014, 12:52:28 pm »

I am so very tempted to vote for the civilian party:

A Civilian Government will:

Declare New Zealand’s independence from Hamilton. (Read more)

Cease domestic mass surveillance on New Zealand citizens, primarily because we will be unable to understand or operate the infrastructure. (Read more)

Establish a space program, and become the first nation in Australasia to send a man to the moon; not to explore it, just someone we don’t like.

Reform the tax system so that it rewards success and punishes failure. Ensure that the bulk of taxes are aimed at the greatest source of poverty in New Zealand: the poor. (Read more)

Remove the monarchy and become an independent banana republic. (Read more)

Close the pay gap between men and women by working to reduce men’s wages.

Alleviate poverty amongst children by giving every poverty-stricken child a llama as a means to a basic income.

End discrimination against social majorities. No more special services just for Maori; no more car parks just for disabled people; no more hip operations just for people who need hip operations.

Relegalise illegal legal highs. The recent government crackdown on these products was overzealous, and there is no reason that perfectly legal substances should be illegal. (Read more)

Make Wellington airport safer by moving it to Christchurch.

Defend the traditional institution of marriage as the union between one man and one volumetric flask.

Reform the Justice system so that every citizen is required to prove why they shouldn’t be in prison.

Issue a formal apology to Australia’s aboriginal population.

Maintain New Zealand’s long-term commitment to free nuclear energy.

Seek to acquire new government assets, such as Bonus Bonds and a timeshare, and be proactive in exploring new economic opportunities, including some advertisements that suggest we could make $5,000 a week online.

Ice cream.

Lower greenhouse gas emissions by placing restrictions on the number of greenhouses, and greater obligations upon trees to absorb carbon dioxide.

Bring ultra-fast broadband access to the majority of rural New Zealand by 2016 and dial-up to Invercargill by 2017.

Hold on a national referendum on the value of referenda. (Read more)

Replace New Zealand’s national anthem with the theme song from the 1996 film Space Jam, by Quad City DJs. A Maori version of Space Jam shall be composed to be sung alongside the English version.

Ban all “satire” or anything claiming to be “satire.” It has been given a chance, but too often has it proven to be offensive and difficult to grasp. No one should be made to feel upset or challenged for the sake of “jokes” and “laughter.” (Read more)

Additional policies encompassing the areas of Health, Education, the Economy and more will be announced in the run-up to election day, 2014.
http://thecivilianparty.org.nz/full-policy-list/

At the risk of seriously pissing off my cousins - who live in Hamilton - I admit I really like this policy.
Independence from Hamilton

The Civilian Party believes that New Zealand, as a nation, can be no greater than the sum of its parts. It is unfortunate, therefore, that some of its parts are less of its parts than others of its parts.

An extensive study commissioned by the Civilian Party, one conducted by real scientists*, has identified a number of regions in New Zealand that produce negative values when the sum of their contributions to the nation are quantified.

These areas are referred to as “problem areas,” or “Hastings.” These problem areas include – but are not necessarily limited to – Invercargill, Gore, Tauranga, Whanganui (with or without the h), and Hamilton.

A Civilian Government will work tirelessly to put these regions in their place, and to ensure that they no longer detract from the country as a whole.

Of these five identified problem areas, our study found that Hamilton was by far the worst, producing a total contribution value of -44**. Due to this excessive burden, the Civilian Party believes that it is the right and obligation of our nation to declare independence from Hamilton, for the good of the Commonwealth and her majesty, Queen Victoria.

Within months of our election, all formal ties with the Hamilton City Council will be severed, and the city will be left to establish its own independent republic.

It will be requested that any money Hamilton has received from central government over the past 150 years be returned within 7 working days. For the purposes of this unilateral agreement, Saturday and Sunday count as working days.

If the money is not paid back by the specified deadline, it shall accrue interest at a static rate of $30,000 an hour. New Zealand shall reserve the right to use military force to retrieve its assets, if it deems necessary.

In order to clearly establish to Hamiltonians – and the world – that their city is no longer a part of our nation, a large, impenetrable wall will be constructed around the city and its satellite towns. It will be expected that the Hamilton City Council pay for the majority of this project, as it will primarily affect them.

The exact specifications of the wall will be determined closer to construction, but it expected that it will be at least 1km high, and will have no gates, manned or otherwise.

If it so chooses, Hamilton will be allowed to apply for international aid from New Zealand, but must prove that any money given will not be of any help to Hamilton in any way.

*Not real scientists

**For more information on the meaning and significance of this number, reach deep inside of yourself, and when the time comes, you won’t have to ask; you will know.
Cool
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #138 on: September 19, 2014, 01:17:09 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #139 on: September 19, 2014, 01:17:34 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #140 on: September 20, 2014, 12:18:56 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Donald
Part-Of-The-Furniture Member

« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2017, 12:44:30 am »

Ktj...."I've been polled several times over the years. I always tell them I will vote for the Nats, even though I have no intention of ever doing so. It's just my way of trying to provide false polling results.

Another trick I have used in the past (although not during the past three elections) is to tell National Party pollsters or electioneers that the Nats have got my vote. Then on election day, I hold off voting until late in the day. Usually by mid-afternoon, I get a phone call from the local National Party branch asking if I'd like to be picked up and transported to a polling booth to vote (after they have worked out from their scrutineers at the various polling places that I haven't yet voted). I accept their offer, then vote for another political party and candidate when they take me to a polling place, then drop me home afterwards. Suckers....Grin"

...wow...you really fucked em over eh bro...you are so smart😳
Report Spam   Logged
Donald
Part-Of-The-Furniture Member

« Reply #142 on: September 13, 2017, 08:04:39 am »

...anyone remember who said this 3 years ago🙄

Ktj......."Within a couple more election cycles, the GREENs will have REPLACED Labour as the main political party on the left-side of the political spectrum."

...really would love to get an update on how that is going...perhaps a kiwirail labourer would have an accurate description......W👌ker
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: