Xtra News Community 2
April 18, 2024, 10:52:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

House signed, sealed - and undelivered

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: House signed, sealed - and undelivered  (Read 46 times)
Newtown-Fella
« on: November 18, 2011, 09:13:27 am »

shes crying foul now 6 months after the house should have been started ...

one would think that a month late she would have been squaling ...

oh wel dig deep invecargill shes going to need $150,000 to star again ...

Fed up by lack of action on home

Wendy Perkins is fed up waiting for her Signature Home and now she just wants some answers.

Since signing up for a new home in May, the Queenstown teacher has forked out almost $150,000 and all she has to show for it is a concrete slab and a bunch of unanswered questions.

"They've happily taken all this money off me and they've told me it is to secure all of the materials at great prices for me."

Since May, Ms Perkins has been offered a raft of explanations by Invercargill Signature Homes franchisee Kelvin O'Connell as to why the project, which was meant to be completed next month, had been delayed, she said.

"I've got all the guarantees it will be completed but the problem is it hasn't been started.

"I can't leave it, I've got children coming home for Christmas from university and I am currently renting a tiny flat," she said.

The final straw came yesterday when the framing, which was supposed to be delivered, did not turn up. Then her builder informed her he had no option but to start on another job on Monday.

"I feel betrayed because I got a guarantee from them they would be here today," she said.

She had been apprehensive about commissioning the company to build her dream home and sought legal advice before signing the contract.

"We delayed signing the contract until we were assured that there was no problem, and I was reminded of the many guarantees, especially the completion guarantee."

Mr O'Connell told The Southland Times yesterday he would not discuss the issue in the media.

"I'm not prepared to comment on any of this in the press. If Wendy wants to discuss that she can contact me and she should know that." Mr O'Connell holds the franchise through his company Cunningham Building and Construction, which held a creditors' meeting in Invercargill on Tuesday.

After the meeting he declined to comment until decisions about the company's future had been made by himself and creditors.

Asked yesterday whether or not the company had "gone under", Mr O'Connell said, "I haven't heard anything about that."

Cunningham Building was formerly part of RJ Cunningham Ltd before Mr O'Connell purchased it from property developer Russell Cunningham in 2003.

Phone calls to Signature Homes' head office in Auckland, chief executive Phillip Howe and director Gavin Hunt also were unanswered yesterday.

Ms Perkins said she just wanted answers. "I would also like to know if there is anyone else out there in the same situation because I would like to bring us all together. We're more powerful as a group."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/5990109/House-signed-sealed-and-undelivered
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 01:04:34 pm »

her legal advisor needs a refresher course aparently.   Roll Eyes

Nemmind,

the parent company of the franchise will probably take over now that the liquidators have taken over and the Cunningham Building & Construction Ltd's creditors meeting has been held.

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: