Xtra News Community 2
March 30, 2024, 12:30:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

this year's challenge - growing from seed

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: this year's challenge - growing from seed  (Read 702 times)
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« on: August 12, 2012, 09:30:40 pm »

Results of growing everything from seed.

Sad

I am blaming the dull summer we had.

In some cases I did get seedlings but I had more complete failures that successes and fungal problems thanks to the dull damp summer killed off much that did germinate. The lack of light seems to have dealt to many of the cauliflower seedings I planted out too, they germinated so late that they were big enough before that part of the veggie patch lost the sun in Autumn.

My tomato crop was pitiful as were my pumpkins. Out of the 6 plants I grew from seed I got one pumpkin and two spaghetti squash.

Out of the 48 pansy seeds sown I got one plant.

However some of the lily seeds I sewed did produce seedings that have survived winter despite Sally lying on them repeatedly and of the 24 purple asparagus seeds I started in a polystyrene box have produced 10 crowns to transplant.

I ended up buying flowering kale and pansies.

I am not entirely put off, I will try again. This time I am commandeering the sunny spot in the lounge widow and starting of in the newly cleaned polystyrene box (to hopefully hold in the heat). Keeping the cats off could be a problem.

I wonder if it is going to be warm enough for capsicums this year?
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: