Xtra News Community 2
April 20, 2024, 06:15:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Bonding Rabbits

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bonding Rabbits  (Read 619 times)
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« on: September 29, 2011, 11:12:46 am »

Due to recent events we have one lone girl bunny and a lonely former mummy's boy of similar age.

It makes sense to introduce them doesn't it?

Sp1 and I decided that leaving Mr Biscuit on his own wasn't going to change anything  - he had already been alone for 2 days with Inky being indoors or at the vet so.....

We put the hay, straw, litter tray, water bottle etc into Myssy's half of the hutch Cinnamon lives in then put Mr Biscuit in and sat back to see what Mr B would make of being much closer as in only a sheet of mesh away from Cinny.

Mr Biscuit was a little interested but we were not prepared for Cinny's response.

I suppose I should mention that while Myssy was alive we used to swap the two bunnies from one side to the other every week so they were well used to each other even it they didn't really live together. Since Myssy passed away we have left Cinny in the sunner side.

Bad move.

Cinny now thinks that is HER territory. She took one look at a much closer than usual Mr B and...............we now know why chicken wire is not recommended for rabbit hutches and just how strong the welded 1/2 inch mesh is.

Inspite of her red eyes Cinny doesn't look evil....that is until her ears went back, her tail up and...as I mentioned the mesh got strength tested. Cinny wasn't having a bar of Mr B and wanted to draw blood saying so. Mr B responded in kind.

They went at it like hammer and tong trying to claw and bite their way through the mesh to claw and bite each other. Shocked

Repeatedly.

For the next 3 hours off and on with eating and breath catching breaks.

Fighting bunnies are really quite vicious.

The mesh held and amazingly neather bunny is showing any injuries.

I quickly did some reading herehttp://www.rabbitnetwork.org/articles/bond.shtml and figured out what our next move might be.

I gave Cinny a run around on the deck while catching Mr B. Then put Mr B in Cinny's side of the hutch before getting Cinny and putting her in the other side.

They noticed each other and then instead of another round of hostilities they pretty much ignored each other which according to the article is a good sign.

Go Figure!

They are still calm and pretty much ignoring each other this morning.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 11:53:59 am »

Poor Mr Biscuit.

He seems happy enough when in the hutch next to Cinnamon, he is showing interest but she in ignoring him.

Put him on the deck for a runaround and he mopes instead of tearing around like he did with Inky.

I think he is missing her. He always was a mother's boy.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: