Xtra News Community 2
March 30, 2024, 04:02:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Empty hutch - RIP Inky

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Empty hutch - RIP Inky  (Read 1041 times)
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« on: September 24, 2011, 05:42:34 pm »

Now Inky seems to be not her usual self.

She hasn't eating much in the way of pellets for serveral months and recently has been doing the "Myssy dance" everytime we go need the hutch with fresh greens which she devours with glee. Mr B doesn't get a look in.

She has be very lethagic today and grunted at Mr B when he tried to get her to play. She has noticable gotten thinner as well.

I guess it is off the the vet on Monday.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 11:13:45 am by ssweetpea » Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

ssweetpea

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 09:27:04 pm »

This is not looking good.

She is turning down food an her guts are making quite a bit of noise. I managed to get just over a teaspoon of pineapple juice into her but that is all this evening.
What I am reading on the net about this is not good as we can afford to get her to a vet before Monday.

She is 5 and a half years old.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 07:54:40 am »

sending good vibes to ya...               
Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
ssweetpea

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 09:23:48 am »

She is still with us this morning - but it still doesn't sound good. She has all the signs of GI stasis.
Report Spam   Logged

ssweetpea

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 07:48:02 am »

I force fed her some pineapple juice (7ml) on Saturday night and another 5ml yesterday morning and pellets dissolved in pineapple juice last night - a whole tsp full followed up with 3ml of water. That took nearly 10 minutes to get into her with a 1ml syringe.

She is still with us this morning, moving around a little more.

Better still after eating half a spring of pasley with Sp1 put it in front of her nose she came up to the mesh - for the first time in 2 days - and slowly ate a dandelion bud, 2 dandelion leaves and another whole sprig of parsley!

She still is not a well or happy bunny, she was eating very slowly pausing mid leaf and is off to the vet this afternoon which still maybe a one way journey but....

I seriously thought she was going to die Saturday night - I still thought she was going to die last night.

Her chances of recovery have gone up a little.
Report Spam   Logged

ssweetpea

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 01:56:14 pm »

Good news!

Inky seems to be on the road to recovery.

She had some intesive care and rehydration at the vet yesterday as well as medication to get her gut moving and serious pain relief and gas drawn from her bowel with a needle.

She was one stoned bunny when we brought her home overnight. Trying to feed a stoned rabbit baby food with a syringe is not the easiest.

When I checked her at 3am I had to clean up the carrier! A good amount of poo. She had a big drink while I tidied up.

They gave her more rehydration today at the vet and more drugs but she is now tucking into grass.

She is not completely out of the woods but she is much better and will be coming home tonight and won't need me to feed her farex and pineapple juice with a syringe.
Report Spam   Logged

ssweetpea

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 08:06:33 am »

Cry

Inky passed away sometime in the early hours of the morning

Easter bunnies 2006

awww

Stoned and very ill, sleeping in Sp1's arms Monday night

off to the vet again yesterday, Mr Biscuit wanted to go too.

Just hopping around on the deck a couple of weeks ago.

RIP Inky 8/02/2006 - 28/09/2011

Sp1 and I will move Mr Biscuit over to Myssy's former run right next to Cinnamon later today with a view to bonding them so they can live together - hence the empty hutch.

Report Spam   Logged

nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 09:09:49 am »

Cry 

got home to see the good news post in my notifications, sorry things turned out like this 
Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
ssweetpea

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2014, 10:30:47 pm »

More sad news.

Maundy Thursday (18th April), we found Mr Biscuit struggling to breathe, really struggling. He had a bad nasal infection and rabbits don't voluntarily mouth breathe. The vet wasn't hopeful that antibiotics would work in time or at all to prevent his nose re blocking even if and it was an if we managed to unblock it.

We decided not to put him through that and put him to sleep. Cry

This was taken on the 6th April.
Report Spam   Logged

nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 06:30:44 pm »

a sad time when pets must leave us.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: