Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 05:31:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Introducing the kitten formally known as Ginge

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing the kitten formally known as Ginge  (Read 698 times)
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« on: February 19, 2014, 08:18:55 am »

She was born on the 29/10/13 and we got her from a gutterkitties fosterhome last night.

The name debate is on.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 09:04:31 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
ssweetpea

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 09:11:37 am »

After much debate with everybody's suggestions being shot down Mr Sp put his foot down and gave us his short list.

Her name is Kira.

Yes, we know that means dark in irish or rough in maori but it was either that or one of the red heads from Dr Who.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Alicat
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 08:33:49 am »

She's very pretty. Kira looks like she might be a bit of a handful - if you're lucky
Report Spam   Logged
wgtngirl
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 04:06:48 pm »

She's beautiful.
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 08:24:05 pm »

I swear this cat knows how to play fetch!

I spent sometime this afternoon throwing a ball of paper for her. She would hare after it, bat it around a little, pick it up in her mouth and carry it back to me, drop it at my feet and wait for me to pick it up and throw it again.

Seriously, she kept that up for 20 minutes.

After only a few days she is responding to her new name too. So that bodes well for being smarter than Bobby. After two weeks we gave up on trying to change his name.

Report Spam   Logged

ssweetpea

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 02:06:58 pm »

I have never met a white cat that was completely normal or sane. 

I have never met a ginger cat that wasn't nuts. 

Kira is half white half ginger.
The best of both worlds. Roll Eyes

Let me tell you the tale of the dead starling.

Last week Kira proudly brings a starling in through the cat door and starts playing with it under the diningroom table. Don't ask me what it is about the dining room table but that is were the bulk of cat found prey turns up.

The good news is that the starling is dead.

The bad news is that Kira refuses to take it back outside and I am running late for work.

I scoop it up and throw it outside into the leaves thinking I will deal with the body and the feathers left under the table later.

I open the door to leave for work and in comes Kira with the dead starling and deposits it under the table.

Again I scoop it up and remove it leaving it in a less accessable spot and head to work.

When I get home the first thing I hear is "Mum, Kira has a dead starling under the table".

Again I get the dust pan and scoop it up - why the kids can't do this I don't know. I can't find the trowl to bury it so I put it under the big pile of leaves under the trees at the top of the section, oddly enough the bird isn't in rigor as I would have expected it to be by now. I go and put my feet up, it has been a long day.

Mr Sp gets home and the first thing I hear is "oh f***, Kira get that out of here" Kira came in as Mr Sp opened the door -carrying a dead starling.

While he is getting it off her and out from under the diningroom table yet again Sp1 turns up home from uni.

"Did you notice that the dead starling that was lying on verge up the road is gone"

"What, that one that has been there for the last 3 days?"

"Yeah, that one"

"I think this is it, look the body has been completely eaten out by insects"

It was a very dead starling.

Mr Sp puts it in the outside wheely bin (why didn't I think of that?).

While we were comparing tales about how many times Kira had brought it in Kira was outside trying to workout how to get into the wheely bin.

She gave up after an hour.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: