Xtra News Community 2
April 20, 2024, 11:58:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Elderly man charged for kicking boy

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elderly man charged for kicking boy  (Read 879 times)
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2011, 07:18:28 am »

my underlining emphasis

Mother 'horrified' over alleged child assault
VICTORIA ROBINSON
Last updated 05:00 13/09/2011

A mother whose son was allegedly kicked and yelled at by a 71-year-old man says she is still ''horrified'' over the incident.

Ian Gibson Wallis appeared in Auckland District Court last week charged with assault on a child.

The woman said she and her two-year-old son were at Auckland Hospital last weekend to visit her father, who had just had a tumour removed from his spine, for Father's Day.

She said they were in the hospital lift when a man and his wife got in.

''My son started to get a bit grisly because he wanted to get out on the floor that they got in on, as children do.

"He turned around to my son as the doors close and started screaming 'shut up!' at him, at the top of his lungs.

"And then he just kicked him clean over onto the ground  from standing position to the ground.

''I've never met him in my life, I don't know him from a bar of soap. I'm still pretty horrified.''

The mother said a wild goose chase around the hospital followed, as the man attempted to get away from her.

''We got out on the eighth floor and they started trying to get back into the lift, trying to get away from me.

"I said 'I'm going to follow you guys around until I find security', because no-one else helped me. There were about six to eight other people in the lift at the time, and none of them did anything.''
The woman said she lost sight of the man, but managed to stick with his wife until a bystander found her a security guard.

''They held me in a separate room because I was just about ready to knock the wife over because I was so angry,'' she said.

Wallis was arrested and charged over the alleged assault.

The mother said her child had no injuries and had recovered from the alleged incident well.

''Children get over that thing quite easily because they don't understand it at their age.''

She said her son's crying in the lift wasn't outside normal behaviour for a young child.

''It wasn't any kind of like screaming it was just a bit of grisly kind of crying.''

Wallis refused to comment when contacted last week.

Auckland City Hospital spokesman Mark Fenwick said the hospital provided police with CCTV footage of the building's lifts.

Police are currently reviewing the footage.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/5612036/Mother-horrified-over-alleged-child-assault
Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
Magoo
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2011, 07:32:21 am »

I love that my son will say when a tantrum is helpping " mum if I did that you would kill me, don't other parents care".

And oh yes the jandle, it is famous even in Aussie Shocked

You know what Kiwi .... you be in Aussieland, me be in Wellington .... BUT ... that Magoo, she be within hitting range of THE JANDAL
I just have to nail this tamer of dragons down here soon and buy her a coffee.  We have talked about it so many times.   Perhaps I can show her a few of my jandal thwacking moves.        Grin   
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2011, 07:38:00 am »

When Twin 1 was about 18 months old and toddling (they were late walkers) I was in Pac n Save Riccarton and a screaming brat was in there with his mumma.  He screamed through produce, he screamed through dairy, he screamed through meat.  We caught up with him and his ditzy mother in about the pet food section (middle of the store) by which time I was well over the bull sh*t.  We rounded the corner and there he was..... about 8 years old he was.  Mouth wide open, snot, the whole 9 yards.  Miss 18 month old stompted/waddled up to him, stood looking up at him for a second then gave him the two handed shove in the chest, which actually sat him on his arse.  Turned and waddled back to me to be picked up.   To give the mother her due, at this point she said to her boy "Shut up, you deserved that".

Miss 18 month old got handed a chocolate fish at the checkouts by the supervisor.  Grin

PMSL - so Twin 1 was assertive from birth?

Yup... don't know where she gets it from pmsl

I reckon I could make a safe assumption.

Dear me ... Magoo seems oblivious to the fact that THE JANDAL is in Dragontamer's possession
Quite oblivious.   
Report Spam   Logged
Crusader
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2011, 08:08:48 am »

If anyone hit my child they would get a hiding.

If I was around and you allowed that sort of behaviour by your child to be inflicted on other people I would give you a hiding.

He kicked a two year old. What a hero. There is no excuse worthy to kicking a two year old. He deserves a punch in the face for his actions.

2 wrongs don't make a right!

He's gone to court over it! punching him in the face makes a person no better than him and just as much of a "hero".

Why the two posts in a row? Don't you know you can edit the first one? If you look up at the top right hand cornor of your post you will see a link that says 'modify.' Click on that and then you can add to your first one. That way it saves someone having to try to quote two responses vice one.  But anyway I think you may have completely missed the point of my post. If you look at most spiecies on the planet, you will find parents don't sieze up those that are a threat to their off spring, they just attack. Usually the aggressor is the one that gets the upper hand, plus when you are fighting for your offspring you have the advantage of extra adrenaline.

You are right in that there would probably be court action for the individual afterwards, however after seeing my child assaulted, there is no way I would be in a rationale state of mind and I would assume there would be a lot of parents like that too. 
Two year olds throw tantrums. They do so because they have not yet reached an age to master the art of appropriate communication and tantrums are a result of them not being able to effectively say what is bothering them. If people honestly think it is OK to kick someone of an age that is completely defenceless and who is only just starting to learn about appropriate human behaviour, then they belong under the mental health act!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 08:24:22 am by Crusader » Report Spam   Logged
Lovelee
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2011, 08:37:19 am »

The ol' fella deserves a kick in the arse himself!!
Report Spam   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you've got a really nasty case of syphilis, in which case penicillin is your best bet.
dragontamer
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2011, 08:55:10 am »

The child was merely grizzling... it was the old fart who was throwing a tantrum?

That's not impossible...

But the other people in the lift did nothing?  I don't accept that 6- 8 others would watch a man kick a child and do or say nothing.  The law of averages means there would have been at least 1 in there that would react.  What was it - a lift full of zombies?
Report Spam   Logged
AnFaolchudubh
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2011, 01:42:35 pm »

Why the two posts in a row? Don't you know you can edit the first one? If you look up at the top right hand cornor of your post you will see a link that says 'modify.' Click on that and then you can add to your first one. That way it saves someone having to try to quote two responses vice one.

Yes I do know I just couldn't be bother, plus I note others do it and I didn't realise it was that big of a deal... not really something to get to padantic about and lose sleep over. But I apologise.. we can't all be computer savvy... some of us are good with computers others working outdoors and with our hands.

But anyway I think you may have completely missed the point of my post. If you look at most spiecies on the planet, you will find parents don't sieze up those that are a threat to their off spring, they just attack. Usually the aggressor is the one that gets the upper hand, plus when you are fighting for your offspring you have the advantage of extra adrenaline.

No I didn't miss your point, I've been around in the real world long enough to see things like that. My point tho is that some people can restrain themselves and not resort to thuggery, and you often find people who claim they would resort to violence are = to a jersey bull, full of hot air and wind... its the quiet ones you have to watch out for (as it is with people). the quiet ones are often more deadly added to the fact that you don't know what they are capable of.

You are right in that there would probably be court action for the individual afterwards, however after seeing my child assaulted, there is no way I would be in a rationale state of mind and I would assume there would be a lot of parents like that too. 

Yes and they too would be done for assault. it may not be fair, for eg look at the guy who hit capill.

Two year olds throw tantrums. They do so because they have not yet reached an age to master the art of appropriate communication and tantrums are a result of them not being able to effectively say what is bothering them. If people honestly think it is OK to kick someone of an age that is completely defenceless and who is only just starting to learn about appropriate human behaviour, then they belong under the mental health act!

I'm supprised that if the lift was full of people as she claimed that she hadn't picked him up, he being only 2 years old... but at the end of the day it's her descission I spose.

And I by no means condone what he did.

Proberly find that theres more to this story than we have seen so far too.
Report Spam   Logged

Stupid people are not an endangered species so why are we protecting them
R. S. OhAllmurain
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2011, 02:20:37 pm »

Anf wrote
... find that theres more to this story than we have seen so far too.

yep, such as why Wallis and his wife were in the lift in the first place which - for privacy reasons - we may never know.

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2011, 02:11:23 pm »

my underlining emphasis

Mother 'horrified' over alleged child assault
VICTORIA ROBINSON
Last updated 05:00 13/09/2011

A mother whose son was allegedly kicked and yelled at by a 71-year-old man says she is still ''horrified'' over the incident.

Ian Gibson Wallis appeared in Auckland District Court last week charged with assault on a child.

The woman said she and her two-year-old son were at Auckland Hospital last weekend to visit her father, who had just had a tumour removed from his spine, for Father's Day.

She said they were in the hospital lift when a man and his wife got in.

''My son started to get a bit grisly because he wanted to get out on the floor that they got in on, as children do.

"He turned around to my son as the doors close and started screaming 'shut up!' at him, at the top of his lungs.

"And then he just kicked him clean over onto the ground  from standing position to the ground.

''I've never met him in my life, I don't know him from a bar of soap. I'm still pretty horrified.''

The mother said a wild goose chase around the hospital followed, as the man attempted to get away from her.

''We got out on the eighth floor and they started trying to get back into the lift, trying to get away from me.

"I said 'I'm going to follow you guys around until I find security', because no-one else helped me. There were about six to eight other people in the lift at the time, and none of them did anything.''
The woman said she lost sight of the man, but managed to stick with his wife until a bystander found her a security guard.

''They held me in a separate room because I was just about ready to knock the wife over because I was so angry,'' she said.

Wallis was arrested and charged over the alleged assault.

The mother said her child had no injuries and had recovered from the alleged incident well.

''Children get over that thing quite easily because they don't understand it at their age.''

She said her son's crying in the lift wasn't outside normal behaviour for a young child.

''It wasn't any kind of like screaming it was just a bit of grisly kind of crying.''

Wallis refused to comment when contacted last week.

Auckland City Hospital spokesman Mark Fenwick said the hospital provided police with CCTV footage of the building's lifts.

Police are currently reviewing the footage.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/5612036/Mother-horrified-over-alleged-child-assault

wrap up:

Alleged kid kicker avoids penalty
VICTORIA ROBINSON
Last updated 14:31 15/11/2011

A 71-year-old has pleaded guilty to assault on a child after allegedly kicking a toddler in an Auckland Hospital lift.

Ian Gibson Wallis appeared in Auckland District Court today and pleaded guilty to the assault, which Judge Philippa Cunningham described as "low level".

Wallis was visiting Auckland Hospital in September this year when he allegedly kicked an unrelated two-year-old boy, who was playing in a lift.

The judge said she would be lenient on Wallis and declined to impose a penalty on him for the offence.

But she warned if the 71-year-old appeared before the court again in the next six months police would be able to to ask for Gibson to be re-sentenced on the assault on a child charge.

Judge Cunningham said the toddler was running in and out of the lift while his mother held the door open for him.

She said although that may have been annoying, "he's a two-year-old boy and they do these sorts of things".

The judge said the police summary of facts noted that Wallis told the child to "shut up" and kicked him.

Wallis' lawyer, Gary Gotlieb, said he had seen CCTV footage of the incident and the 71-year-old had merely tapped the child lightly with his foot.

Judge Cunningham agreed the police described the incident as a "low level" assault.

The mother of the boy submitted a victim impact statement to the court, which said she was upset and distressed over the incident and she still felt disbelief that someone could do that to a child.

She said the two-year-old was not injured in the incident and had suffered no long-term emotional or physical effects.

Judge Cunningham stressed to Wallis that he needed to practice patience around young children.

"I acknowledge it can be irritating for people to be delayed from where they want to go because a child is being fractious and difficult... But we all need to learn to deal with children."

The judge said the courts would not be as lenient with Wallis if he appeared before the courts again on a similar charge or on any other charge.

She rejected an application by Auckland Now to take a photo of Wallis in court, calling it potentially prejudicial and out of proportion with the 71-year-old's offence.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/local-news/5969351/Alleged-kid-kicker-avoids-penalty
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: