Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 07:09:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Rugby World Cup

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rugby World Cup  (Read 2511 times)
Crusader
« Reply #125 on: October 20, 2011, 08:25:37 am »

A couple of news headlines for the RWC.

It seems the aussies are having a cry about our Haka actions. It seems the throat slitting action reminds them of how barbaric the maori's were. Have they forgotten that up until a few years ago it was still legal to shoot Abo's in their country whilst singing Waltzing Maltilda! So I wonder who are actually the barbarians there! Maybe we should complain about their poofter Waltzing Maltilda being sung in their stadiums!
Fuck they need to be nuked!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/5818998/Australian-Throat-slitting-haka-has-no-place-in-sport

The Williams boys (Ali and Sonny Bill) have apparently upset the media with not taking the press conference seriously. A bit rich coming from a group of people that thrives on abushing people just to sell controversial stories.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/5815748/Williams-brothers-just-wanna-have-fun

Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #126 on: October 20, 2011, 08:30:38 am »

A couple of news headlines for the RWC.

It seems the aussies are having a cry about our Haka actions. It seems the throat slitting action reminds them of how barbaric the maori's were. Have they forgotten that up until a few years ago it was still legal to shoot Abo's in their country whilst singing Waltzing Maltilda! So I wonder who are actually the barbarians there! Maybe we should complain about their poofter Waltzing Maltilda being sung in their stadiums!
Fuck they need to be nuked!

Well I have a complaint about that Haka too - they didn't do the throat slit action which I LOVED when I first saw that Haka. Both Hakas are great, but the one that was written especially for the All Blacks is spine-chilling stuff.

GO THE ALL BLACKS and bring back the throat slitting action - that completes the Haka in my not so humble opinion.
Report Spam   Logged
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #127 on: October 21, 2011, 04:29:42 pm »

BREAKING NEWS:
As the Wallabies prep for the Bronze Final tonight, training was delayed this morning after a player found a white powdery substance on the ground. The coach suspended training and called the police. After analysis forensic experts determined that the white substance, unfamiliar to most players was not a drug- it was the try line. Practice will resume today as police decided the team was unlikely to encounter the substance again. Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.
Alicat
« Reply #128 on: October 21, 2011, 04:47:37 pm »

BREAKING NEWS:
As the Wallabies prep for the Bronze Final tonight, training was delayed this morning after a player found a white powdery substance on the ground. The coach suspended training and called the police. After analysis forensic experts determined that the white substance, unfamiliar to most players was not a drug- it was the try line. Practice will resume today as police decided the team was unlikely to encounter the substance again. Grin

Well - that's PROOF that you haven't sworn allegiance to 'them over there' and learnt the words to 'ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FAIR'
Report Spam   Logged
k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #129 on: October 21, 2011, 04:59:06 pm »

hehehehe,never I will go down fighting, you can't make me say it    hahahahahahhahaah
Report Spam   Logged

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.
Alicat
« Reply #130 on: October 21, 2011, 06:44:49 pm »

A few friends and I went out for lunch yesterday and were serve by a very luscious Frenchman. He was absolutely charming and we enjoyed some fun banter with him about this coming Sunday. He said that France would win the RWC. Funny thing was, he was wearing the uniform of the restaurant which just happened to be black with a little white writing on it. Naturally, we thanked him for supporting the All Blacks. We very nearly changed our allegiance because of our charming Waiter. Viva la France

GO THE ALL BLACKS
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 09:09:16 pm by Alicat » Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #131 on: October 21, 2011, 09:33:11 pm »

Wales lost  Cry

They might have won if they didn't wait until the 80 min mark to score that try.

Ozzie basically won by a drop goal.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Magoo
« Reply #132 on: October 22, 2011, 07:56:56 am »

Wales lost  Cry

They might have won if they didn't wait until the 80 min mark to score that try.

Australia won.     Grin  Oi Oi Oi
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #133 on: October 22, 2011, 08:28:22 am »

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/5832691/French-to-target-McCaws-injured-foot

What a stupid statement.  We won while Richie was on the sidelines.  So No.. the boys won't be leaderless.  What they might be is REAL pissed off if players target his foot like they suggest though.  REAL, REAL pissed off.  I wouldn't want 15 big men REAL pissed off with me.  Uh-uh. Nope.  No way.
Report Spam   Logged
Newtown-Fella
« Reply #134 on: October 22, 2011, 08:51:00 am »

Wales lost  Cry

and because Hooks kicking was off !!!

how many goal attempts by Wales missed the target ?

had they gone over Aussie would have lost big time ....

oh well at least Aussie is 3rd the worst case scenario is we are 2nd but we still beat the aussies and thats all that matters

and what about teary eyed Quade Cooper ..... oh dear the poor wee thing got hurt and left the feild ....

Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #135 on: October 22, 2011, 09:23:22 am »

And if the hound  hadn't stopped for a pee it would have caught the hare.
Report Spam   Logged
Newtown-Fella
« Reply #136 on: October 22, 2011, 11:11:00 am »

And if the hound  hadn't stopped for a pee it would have caught the hare.

and if the tortoise had had a weeks head start he might have beaten the hare
Report Spam   Logged
Magoo
« Reply #137 on: October 22, 2011, 11:30:26 am »

Oh dear Newty your childhood was lacking.   
The Tortoise and The Hare
letter t

There once was a speedy hare who bragged about how fast he could run. Tired of hearing him boast, Slow and Steady, the tortoise, challenged him to a race. All the animals in the forest gathered to watch.

Hare ran down the road for a while and then and paused to rest. He looked back at Slow and Steady and cried out, "How do you expect to win this race when you are walking along at your slow, slow pace?"

Hare stretched himself out alongside the road and fell asleep, thinking, "There is plenty of time to relax."

Slow and Steady walked and walked. He never, ever stopped until he came to the finish line.

The animals who were watching cheered so loudly for Tortoise, they woke up Hare.

Hare stretched and yawned and began to run again, but it was too late. Tortoise was over the line.

After that, Hare always reminded himself, "Don't brag about your lightning pace, for Slow and Steady won the race!"

Grin

Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea

« Reply #138 on: October 22, 2011, 12:37:18 pm »

I felt a bit sorry for Quade Cooper - knees hurt like hell when injured. He definately wasn't pulling a hollywood.

I agree Newt, Hooks kicking was off.

I must admit though thought it would have been a better game than it was. Both sides produced some very scrappy play and as for all those handling errors...

Sp1 enjoyed herself even though she was sitting next to a bunch of Ozzies- she had never been to a live game before.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
Alicat
« Reply #139 on: October 22, 2011, 04:33:02 pm »

Wales lost  Cry

and because Hooks kicking was off !!!

how many goal attempts by Wales missed the target ?

oh well at least Aussie is 3rd the worst case scenario is we are 2nd but we still beat the aussies and thats all that matters

and what about teary eyed Quade Cooper ..... oh dear the poor wee thing got hurt and left the feild ....

Never underestimate a knee injury like that - he's done a heap of damage.It will take very skillful surgery and a long rehabilitation to get on top of an injury like that. The pain will be excrutiating - I would not wish that on anyone. It will have hurt so much that he will have been close to vomiting.
Report Spam   Logged
Crusader
« Reply #140 on: October 23, 2011, 04:07:42 pm »

Adidas has unveiled its new All Black uniform to take on the French. It is guaranteed to make the French submit. Go the All Blacks!

Report Spam   Logged
Newtown-Fella
« Reply #141 on: October 23, 2011, 07:38:39 pm »

Adidas has unveiled its new All Black uniform to take on the French. It is guaranteed to make the French submit. Go the All Blacks!

i heard the french love a man in uniform ....
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #142 on: October 23, 2011, 08:04:10 pm »

Outstanding Haka - GO THE ALL BLACKS
Report Spam   Logged
Calliope
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

If music be the food of love, play on

« Reply #143 on: October 23, 2011, 09:04:30 pm »

5 nil at half time and not sure I can bear to watch another 40 minutes
Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
- Richard Bernstein in the New York Times
Alicat
« Reply #144 on: October 23, 2011, 09:45:59 pm »

All Blacks 8 France 7
Report Spam   Logged
Newtown-Fella
« Reply #145 on: October 23, 2011, 09:50:59 pm »

GO ALL BLACKS ....... WINNERS ...........   8 -7

¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸ ...¸.¤\
\¸.ALL BLACKS! ,.,\
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤ .¸¸.¸.¤*
..\
☻/
/▌
/ \ GO ALL BLACKS!!!

you beauties
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #146 on: October 23, 2011, 09:51:00 pm »

That was NOT good for the blood pressure.

WAY TO GO ALL BLACKS
Report Spam   Logged
Calliope
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

If music be the food of love, play on

« Reply #147 on: October 23, 2011, 09:54:00 pm »

I couldn't watch - just kept the live updates in the background
Well done All Blacks
Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
- Richard Bernstein in the New York Times
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #148 on: October 23, 2011, 09:56:44 pm »

Well....so much for the French being a push-over, eh?

One missed penalty kick could have resulted in a different final score.

I guess Crusader's uniform didn't scare the French after all.

Anyway....one good thing about getting home from work only 10 minutes before the end of the match: no blood pressure problems!  Grin

Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
ssweetpea

« Reply #149 on: October 23, 2011, 10:02:21 pm »

My goodness!

I thought that there would be less than a 15 point difference but that was scary.

Watching it with Sp1 was an experience. Towards the end she was alternating between jumping up and down in her chair and gnawing on post of her NZ fern flag. She bought that this morning to replace the French flag she has been waving while watching games.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: