Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 02:51:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Mystery is not a well bunny

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mystery is not a well bunny  (Read 735 times)
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« on: July 23, 2011, 02:48:02 pm »

Myssy has had a weepy eye for 3 or 4 weeks now, just overly watery. Last week her other eye started weeping as well and she had a runny nose and the discharge turned white.

Off to the vet and on anti-inflammitory for 2 days and anti-biotics for a week. Not that easy to give to a rabbit but we managed. She has also had to be kept away from the other rabbits as this type of infection in very contagious. Forturnately we have a spare hutch and she has been living in that up on the deck for a week.

On the check up one eye and the nose were improved but the original eye was still weepy and now both eyes had minor ulseration. Another 3 days of anti-biotics and eye drops.

This morning she went back. She was worse than on Wednesday with very obvious swelling watery eyes and snuffly breathing. She has an anti-inflamitory for a couple of days to relieve the swelling so it is back to the vet on Monday for an x-ray of her head.

It may be an absess or a tooth with a rogue root- both treatable but it may be a tumour in which case the outlook is not good at all.

I may have a hard decision to make on Monday. Cry
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 11:45:30 am »

I have just told the vet not to wake Myssy up. Cry

Most of the bone on the right side of her face was disintergrated and it happened rapidly and was far worse than an infection could account for. It looks like that even if I had taken her straight to the vet when her eye started to water it was too late. Bone cancer the vet thinks.

I had noticed over the weekend that the shape of the swelling had changed and that she was prefering softer food, now we know why.

She had a happy weekend with the other buns visiting her on the deck and due to the cold weather spend the evening running around the lounge and slept in a carrier near the fireplace last night.

Mystery the day we given her almost 3 years ago.

chilling out Sept 2008

Yesterday, chowing down on chickweed - one of her favourites

RIP cheeky little girl.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
wgtngirl
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 07:54:42 pm »

RIP Mystery. Sorry to hear your news sweetpea.  It is hard losing a beloved pet
Report Spam   Logged
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 10:33:33 am »

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
Alicat
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 04:46:27 pm »

I have just told the vet not to wake Myssy up. Cry

RIP cheeky little girl.

Sweetpea and family .. so sorry to hear about your wee darling
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: