Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 06:16:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Anyone want a ginger kitten?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone want a ginger kitten?  (Read 496 times)
dragontamer
« on: March 06, 2009, 04:36:55 pm »

Gorgeous wee 8 week old boy.  Found three quarters of the way up a fir tree.  Son got him down and has the slash marks to prove it.

He's currently locked in at my neighbours house as my cats want to eat him (so does her's but she doesn't have 3 kids to contend with too). 

He's beautiful and very agile!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Alicat
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 04:52:16 pm »

I hope you find a wonderful home for him. Do yours really want to hurt him or might they chill out?
Report Spam   Logged
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 05:08:42 pm »

Zep thez love to climb trees.
This was easter at six months up a cabbage tree.....

Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
dragontamer
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 05:27:54 pm »

Three of them will accept him under protest.  That last one is a bitch though.

I'm going to see how it goes with L and her boy Ed.  She fell in love with the kitten but Ed was seriously pissed off.

I did do a tour of all the local houses for 2 streets and nobody is claiming him.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 05:50:12 pm »

Don, is that wee ginger yours? What a wee darling.
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 05:52:05 pm »

Still looking for a home for him.  He's a beautiful colour.  You initially think ginger, but he's more a cameo with brown rings and stripes. 

Very long legs, big feet and bat ears. 

Wee darling as long as you aren't trying to carry him.  He doesn't like that.  I suspect it's a combination of being manhandled out of the tree, and possibly carried to the park and dumped.  He might be afraid you are going to take him out of his comfort zone.

But he sleeps on L's bed and stays asleep as long as she does with no naughty business in the middle of the night.

I asked my boss if I could ring her 9 year old animal crazy daughter and tell her "We rescued a little kitten from certain death, and now can't find a home".  I was threatened with physical harm if I tried.   Shocked  Can you believe that...........she was going to thump me lol.
Report Spam   Logged
TokGal
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 07:10:02 am »

Hope you find a good home for him. I managed to find homes for four of mine, the last one we decided to keep along with his mother, who, seeing her now you would never believe that this time last year she was a wild cat. Loves snoozing on my bed, and being stroked, I'm sure she is saying I'll give you 24 hours to stop.
Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 09:28:06 pm »

i'd love to take him DT, but I'm banned from getting anymore animals Sad

Mind you ..... Mr S will be gone for at least 3 months soon, maybe if you still have him I can smuggle him in Grin

I still have Rusty, who I got from Ferney through the old XNC board. I'd just put our beautiful 13 year old ginger boy down due to cancer and she posted a pic of 3 kittens that had been dumped under her hedge. I put my hand up for the ginger one and had him at home a week later. That was 5 1/2 years ago!
Report Spam   Logged

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
dragontamer
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 06:55:24 am »

He's tugging at L's heartstrings, but she has to be practical and her old boy Ed is seriously nasty to the kitten.   

He's welcome to stay a few more days but I'm still trolling the streets trying to figure out where he come from.   Scared the bejeebers out of the guy at #5 when I introduced myself and asked if he had lost a wee ginger kitten.  I've never seen someone shut down so completely.  Then his ginger came racing out to introduce himself and he said "Thank Christ.  I was trying to remember the last time I saw him and was praying you weren't here to tell me he'd been run over".  His is a little bit older than this one anyway, but after a discussion he said he thought that someone probably had taken the kitten and dumped him at the park.  So he's going to nose around too and see what we can find out.  If he has been dumped and the dumper owned him then no way in hell is he going back.

Mr DT banned me years ago from any more animals shef. Grin  Somewhere between Flo and Garfield I think.  There's been so many 'illegal immigrants' since my banning I'm not sure exactly when he banned them lol.  Anyway, he's as involved as me when it comes to rescues.  Even Daisy the Crazy gets priviliges from him.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 04:24:41 pm »

i'd love to take him DT, but I'm banned from getting anymore animals Sad

Mind you ..... Mr S will be gone for at least 3 months soon, maybe if you still have him I can smuggle him in Grin

Hell Shef, I'd use the ... 'I was so lonely without you' story. Dear wee ginger fluffball could be well settled in by the time he arrives home
Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 04:50:09 am »

Hell Shef, I'd use the ... 'I was so lonely without you' story.

Hehehe  good idea Ali. He's wondering why I'm looking forward to him going 
Report Spam   Logged

dragontamer
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2009, 06:43:00 am »

Ok - when do I need to get the 'kitten express transfer system' underway? Wink

If we time it just right we can have someone dropping the wee ginga into your hands mere seconds after you have waved Mr S off, thereby preventing any 'missing' whatsoever.   Grin
Report Spam   Logged
dragontamer
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2009, 01:20:40 pm »

He's gone to his new home with a mum who is stoked to have such a pretty little ginga boy.  He's just what she was hoping for.  She has a 1year old cat and dog, and I think he'll be fine because they are still young enough to be kittenish and puppyish themselves, and she is going to introduce them slowly.

He wasn't so thrilled with the cat cage but settled once it was in the car and he was interested in what was going on around the car.

Everybody happy.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2009, 01:44:07 pm »

He's gone to his new home with a mum who is stoked to have such a pretty little ginga boy.  He's just what she was hoping for.  She has a 1year old cat and dog, and I think he'll be fine because they are still young enough to be kittenish and puppyish themselves, and she is going to introduce them slowly.

He wasn't so thrilled with the cat cage but settled once it was in the car and he was interested in what was going on around the car.

Everybody happy.  Grin

Excellent news all round ... thought for a moment there you were making an announcement ... like his new surname was Dragontamer
Report Spam   Logged
Shef
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2009, 01:51:04 pm »

looks like I'll be sneaking off to the SPCA on the way back from the airport LOL.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: