Xtra News Community 2
March 30, 2024, 12:04:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Comments on Bain Trial (to keep main " The David Bain Trial thread free" )

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Comments on Bain Trial (to keep main " The David Bain Trial thread free" )  (Read 6679 times)
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #250 on: June 26, 2013, 11:10:04 pm »

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10893186
Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
guest49
« Reply #251 on: June 27, 2013, 07:03:29 am »

Bains mob will never give up obfuscating until the millions are in the bank account.  The mag for my .22 is identical, and I never hold it in such a position that such marks - even if they were, in fact, produced which I have never seen with my magazine either - would show on my thumb.
It really pisses me off, that in an effort to get the gold, they keep hammering at a harmless old man.
I am pleased to see the photo showing the impossible sight of that magazine standing vertically on a carpet, the only way that can happen is to carefully place it there.  I'll provide the carpet and mag to any of you who care to try and prove otherwise.
Report Spam   Logged
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #252 on: June 27, 2013, 09:19:33 am »

Did you watch the programme Yak? 

10-round magazine or 5-round .22 magazine?  It's 102 years  Roll Eyes since I used a .22 with a silencer on it
seems to me it must be the former;
none of the news pix I have found today seem to show full length of the magazine. http://www.odt.co.nz/news/dunedin/262553/inquiry-robin-bain-did-it

But also seems to me it is NOT  standing vertically on a carpet but lying on it's side on the carpet ! None-the-less that too would be the only way that can happen is to carefully place it there.

If these enhanced pix are genuine, if the marks really are powder residue and unless the magazine was carefully placed  there   this TV3 3rd Degree programme just goes to reinforce the opinion I arrived at after the second (the 'not guilty') trial - when I realised that police seem to have failed to ask the right questions.

Is there no charge covering Patricide in NZ law ?

Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
robman
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #253 on: June 27, 2013, 10:30:38 am »

I find it impossible to believe the shell cases weren't fingerprinted at the time, if that thumb had been used to load the mag there would be prints on the cases.
Report Spam   Logged

I once thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.
guest49
« Reply #254 on: June 27, 2013, 12:06:56 pm »

As I recall, evidence was given that the magazine was placed vertically on the carpet in front of the hand.

When I load my magazine, the base sits on my second finger and my thumb and forefinger hold the sides, while rounds are pressed in with the other hand.
My thumb and forefinger hold the sides when I insert it into the rifle and usually, the second finger off the other hand presses the base of the mag until it clicks into place.
I don't understand why anyone would perform the awkward manoeuvres required to hold and insert it by the front and rear of the magazine, unless there was some sort of deformity to the shooters hand that precluded his natural action.

I am also sure that the pathologist examined the deceased hands - for propellant residue if nothing else.  I cant see he would miss something this basic.

I too don't understand why fingerprinting wasn't done - in fact I refuse to believe it wasn't.  I would not be surprised to find nothing usable on a .22 cartridge, and if the mag was wiped there would be no prints.  I seem to recall that both father and son used the rifle, so prints on the mag would have had limited value anyway.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: