Xtra News Community 2
April 18, 2024, 01:42:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Comments on Bain Trial (to keep main " The David Bain Trial thread free" )

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Comments on Bain Trial (to keep main " The David Bain Trial thread free" )  (Read 7031 times)
bennyboo
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #225 on: May 04, 2009, 09:31:02 pm »

Ferney:

"Did she not know David had a gun   and if she was genuinely concerned for their safety, why would she not have got rid of it?    I mean, was it too difficult to get out of bed and dispose of Davids gun ? "

Beaten wives stay in marriages while others look on wondering why the wife doesnt leave... maybe she just accepted that Robin would have no problem getting a gun from anywhere even if she took action on the one gun she knew about...

bumphead benny:

"Interesting to read that David DID go into the other rooms to check on everyone, now who was it that tried to make us think he only went into 2 rooms?"

I dont know anything about self hypnosis or alpha state but sometimes when im driving or cycling thinking about something - on odd occasion I can go two or three blocks then suddenly be aware that for the life of me I dont remember going through a certain intersection to arrive at where im at...
Report Spam   Logged
bennyboo
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #226 on: May 04, 2009, 09:49:14 pm »

Can anyone remember what the defence was on the fresh injury on forehead and knee?  What about the Crowns allegation that blood-stained clothing, including a green jersey with fibres matching those found under Stephen’s finger nails, was washed by David; and his Gondoliers sweatshirt with blood on the shoulder had been sponged.... what was the defence here?
Report Spam   Logged
Ferney
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #227 on: May 04, 2009, 09:51:27 pm »

I'm sure you'd remember if you drove over dead bodies bennyboo.   

The gun belonged to David, so maybe you mean David would have beaten her.  Gets more weird.   lol.   
Report Spam   Logged
bennyboo
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #228 on: May 04, 2009, 10:20:37 pm »

If i came home and there were bodies everywhere i think id be a bit flustered and confused... I wouldnt be constructing a water tight defense story (as one might expect if there was pre-meditation) but would under cross examination have to admit actions that seem obvious in evidence - like (in the example I posted above) I must have gone through x intersection to arrive at y (even though I recollect nothing of x intersection or what happened at x intersection at that point in time).

Also, the gun might have belonged to David but there is evidence to suggest Robin may have used it in the past... Im not a great gun fan myself; ever since I went possum shooting and seeing the revved up bravados that develop around the power to kill.
Report Spam   Logged
TokGal
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #229 on: May 06, 2009, 01:17:36 pm »

I want to know what Margaret's belief in reincarnation has to do with anything, are they trying to make out she was insane, and what bearing would it have on the trial if she was?

People's personal beliefs are their own business, just because someone doesn't agree with with them does not invalidate them.
Report Spam   Logged
bump head benny
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #230 on: May 07, 2009, 02:16:18 pm »

And I want to know why weve had reports that the bruising on David was yellowish which supposedly means they werent recently done, and why theres a direct contradiction when people now say they were not a few days old but fresh markings....was there a few days in between the crime date and the photos taken of David?, did they even take photos of the scratches and bruises?
Report Spam   Logged

Lets kill all the warmongers.
Brownie55
Global Moderator

OK, so what’s the speed of dark?

« Reply #231 on: May 07, 2009, 09:35:05 pm »

Re  margaret's new Age beliefs   I have met a few people over the years who use a pendulum to make decisions.... In all cases they had mental problems . I am talking here about the people who use a pendulum to make ALL their decisions.
Have to laugh sometimes when I see customers pulling out pendulums and twirling them over books  ...they so try to keep it hidden . 
Report Spam   Logged

I almost had a psychic boyfriend, but he left me before we met.
TokGal
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #232 on: May 08, 2009, 08:49:27 am »

Re  margaret's new Age beliefs   I have met a few people over the years who use a pendulum to make decisions.... In all cases they had mental problems . I am talking here about the people who use a pendulum to make ALL their decisions.
Have to laugh sometimes when I see customers pulling out pendulums and twirling them over books  ...they so try to keep it hidden . 

Yes I can see how it would appear strange, even loony, to some people.
The logo of a firm I once worked for was two magpies, when I asked why they chose that I was told that the owner of the company wouldn't make an important decision on anything unless he saw two magpies, that too would seem strange for a company director, he wasn't mental, he was just very superstitious.

The point is, if her beliefs made her happy who are we to question them? and what bearing does Margaret's beliefs and/or mental health have on the trial?
Report Spam   Logged
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« Reply #233 on: May 08, 2009, 09:44:09 am »

None I suspect but to confuse the jury............
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.
Nitpicker1
« Reply #234 on: May 08, 2009, 09:47:58 am »

The point is, if her beliefs made her happy who are we to question them? and what bearing does Margaret's beliefs and/or mental health have on the trial?

if her beliefs made her happy

well, for starters, would her beliefs make you happy if you lived with her and your beliefs were orthodox?

Perhaps David had the same beliefs?

what bearing does Margaret's beliefs and/or mental health have on the trial?

Dunno, maybe we'll find out when/if the defence presents it's case.

I wonder if the jury has been given another day off today, and whether their request re replaying of Bain's 111 call on the morning of the murders and some of the video taken of the scene will clear the hurdle it seems to have put up for legal deliberation

http://xtranewscommunity2.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,1012.0/msg,23849.html

Report Spam   Logged
bennyboo
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #235 on: May 08, 2009, 12:38:27 pm »

Fingerprints on the gun - David Bain said he hadnt used the murder weapon for months - does anyone know if his fingerprints would still be on it after a period of months and after being handled and used by a person possibly wearing gloves.  

Under cross examination, he adds he guesses he must have picked the gun up at some stage...  

So would it then be down to the Crown to prove the location of the fingerprints on the gun (to demonstrate an aim and shoot grip) and prove the fingerprints are from that day and could not have been from months prior?
Report Spam   Logged
Brownie55
Global Moderator

OK, so what’s the speed of dark?

« Reply #236 on: May 10, 2009, 08:04:19 pm »

Tokgal, my beliefs are very far from orthodox which is how I happen to know so many pendulum users , new age types.......   I still say that people who rely on pendulums for even very ordinary decisions all have other problems going on in their lives.
Report Spam   Logged

I almost had a psychic boyfriend, but he left me before we met.
Ferney

« Reply #237 on: May 11, 2009, 10:50:24 am »

Bennyboo.  On Tuesday (I think) at the court.     Finger prints put there 3 months earlier would have been dry and flakey and would been smudged by whoever used it on the day of the killings.     
Report Spam   Logged
bennyboo
Bloody-Good Member

« Reply #238 on: May 11, 2009, 12:16:59 pm »

Bennyboo.  On Tuesday (I think) at the court.     Finger prints put there 3 months earlier would have been dry and flakey and would been smudged by whoever used it on the day of the killings.     

Hmmmm - thats as i thought - and the clear finger prints that were on the gun; Davids.  Were they clear and in positions of aim and shoot? 

And what of the gloves found in Stephens room??? 

The green jersey and the fibres under Stephens fingernails and the jersey not belonging to David (according to david)?  The bloody footprints being too small to be Davids?

And there is the bloody palm print on the washing machine - who's blood was that?
Report Spam   Logged
Ferney

« Reply #239 on: May 13, 2009, 11:14:53 am »

I find it hard to believe the sexual abuse Laniet accused her father of.   She told a dairy owner she worked for 2-3 times over a period of 2-3 weeks.   What sort of girl would say tell an employer she hardly knew.     She told a prostitute who going to employ her with 'but don't tell anyone'  ??!!     Seems she told a lot of people,  but don't tell anyone.  Sounds more like she was looking for attention.   
Report Spam   Logged
Nitpicker1
« Reply #240 on: May 13, 2009, 12:21:35 pm »

I find it hard to believe the sexual abuse Laniet accused her father of.   She told a dairy owner she worked for 2-3 times over a period of 2-3 weeks.   What sort of girl would say tell an employer she hardly knew.     She told a prostitute who going to employ her with 'but don't tell anyone'  ??!!     Seems she told a lot of people,  but don't tell anyone.  Sounds more like she was looking for attention.   

PRECISELY, FERNEY.

But I KNEW Robin, and as I wrote way back in 1975.  the first part of that reproduced here

27:7:97         

too  many  questions                                                               

Robin   was   the   only   member   of   the   family   known   to  me,  and  that  only   for   the  short  time  when   I  was   a volunteer  assistant  in  an  organic  gardening  project  at  the  school .      It   appears  to  me  that even  an  untrue  accusation  of   incest  would  affect   him  very  badly.

I had hoped this retrial would have answered some of the questions I had then. So far, it has not.

Report Spam   Logged
Nitpicker1
« Reply #241 on: May 13, 2009, 12:48:45 pm »

more from 1997 

If   it   is  accepted    that   McNeish 's  interpretation   of   the  family's   eccentricities   is  reasonably   accurate,     substituting   one   name   for   the   other   and   asking  one  question  ---  who  had  the  most  to  lose ?  (  even  if  Laniet's   accusation   was   baseless, )   appears    to  suggest   yet  another  scenario.  My answer   to   that  question  can  only  be  :  Robin.

The   implications   of   the   prospect  of  the   loss   of    an    occupation,   especially  where  the accompanying  loss  of  respect  of  the  community   is  an  important  component,  must  be  enormous.   That   occupation   is   one   to   be   protected   from  even  so  much  as  a   suggestion   of  personal   impropriety. 

Accused, even  unjustly  ,  of  incest,  =  damned.
Report Spam   Logged
robman
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #242 on: May 13, 2009, 04:38:45 pm »

The evidence about stretch marks should be easy enough to verify or dispute. There would have been a very thorough post-mortem which would have noted whether or not she had ever given birth.
I find the practice of putting the victims on trial a bit distasteful.
Report Spam   Logged

I once thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.
Nitpicker1
« Reply #243 on: May 13, 2009, 05:01:17 pm »

The evidence about stretch marks should be easy enough to verify or dispute. There would have been a very thorough post-mortem which would have noted whether or not she had ever given birth.
I find the practice of putting the victims on trial a bit distasteful.

Speaking ill of the dead, you mean?  In most cases I would agree, Robman.

Stretchmarks can also occur with weight loss. weight fluctuation.. from all accounts the photo she used to say was her baby was coloured. She was apparently one screwed up kid. No pun intended.

Especially if as gossip has it she actually lived with Robin and a boyfriend once the schoolhouse became vacant.
Report Spam   Logged
robman
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #244 on: May 15, 2009, 07:30:28 pm »

I think the defence is pushing shit uphill with a piece of rope personally. Laniet sounds more like a spinner every day, fell pregnant at 10? had a baby/abortion? baby was black/Robin's?
And what would any of it prove anyway? There's no denying that this was one fucked up family and that could be David's motive as much as his father's.
The physical evidence points only one way.
Report Spam   Logged

Nitpicker1
« Reply #245 on: May 19, 2009, 06:17:11 am »

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/video.cfm?c_id=1&gal_objectid=10573014&gallery_id=105680

Report Spam   Logged
robman
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #246 on: May 19, 2009, 04:56:21 pm »

The sock print lengths are meaningless unless they are too long to be David's. The defense is assuming the whole of the sock was saturated with blood but that's not necessarily so. If it was covered for about 90% of its length it would leave a shorter print and seeing David had already washed the socks then there's no way of knowing.
Report Spam   Logged

nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #247 on: June 26, 2013, 10:10:49 pm »

just opening the windows to air the room   Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
Calliope

If music be the food of love, play on

« Reply #248 on: June 26, 2013, 10:20:32 pm »

and I thought you were going to comment on TV3's programme which suggests there is evidence of gunshot residue on Robin's thumb
Report Spam   Logged

[W]hat the internet and its cult of anonymity do is to provide a blanket sort of immunity for anybody who wants to say anything about anybody else, and it would be difficult in this sense to think of a more morally deformed exploitation of the concept of free speech.
- Richard Bernstein in the New York Times
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #249 on: June 26, 2013, 10:47:58 pm »

and I thought you were going to comment on TV3's programme which suggests there is evidence of gunshot residue on Robin's thumb

bit of a bombshell for some, wasn't it!    Not too sure what I think about it yet   
Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: