Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 02:02:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Brit driver told laughing might be an offence

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brit driver told laughing might be an offence  (Read 949 times)
donquixotenz
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

STILL TILTING

« on: March 06, 2009, 06:51:15 am »

No Joke: Laughing Driver Stopped By Cops
11:27am UK, Thursday March 05, 2009

It's no joke: a motorist has been stopped by police for laughing at the wheel.

Not funny: police talk to motorist FILE PIC

Company director Gary Sanders was speaking on a hands-free phone as he was travelling to work when police in the Mersey Tunnel ordered him to pull over.

Mr Sanders, 47, said he was stunned to be told by a traffic officer that laughing while driving a car can be an offence.

The managing director of Spontex Workwear said: "I couldn't believe it when he told me I'd been pulled over for for laughing.

"I was driving very safely in the tunnel and took a call from a friend on my hands-free phone.

"He said something funny and I was laughing - simple as that. I never took my eyes off the road and was in full control of the car.

I was astonished that he could say that laughing might be an offence. What is the country coming to?

Motorist Gary Sanders

"I was astonished that he could say that laughing might be an offence. What is the country coming to?"

Supt Kevin Hagger of the Mersey Tunnels Police said: "I wouldn't want to make a comment as I don't know the full details.

"There is no record of the incident in the system so it seems the gentleman was just spoken to by the officer and the matter not taken any further."

A spokesman for the Association of British Drivers, Brian Gregory said: "This is a shocking example of the police harassing innocent motorists simply because they are an easy target.

"To suggest that a driver could be prosecuted for laughing is ludicrous beyond belief."

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Stopped-By-Police-For-Laughing-Motorist-Warned-Giggles-At-Wheel-Might-Be-Offence/Article/200903115235055?lpos=UK_News_News_Your_Way_Region_2&lid=NewsYourWay_ARTICLE_15235055_Stopped_By_Police_For_Laughing%3A_Motorist_Warned_Giggles_At_Wheel_Might_Be_Offence
Report Spam   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...

WOW, What a Ride!"

Please note: IMHO and e&oe apply to all my posts.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

k1w14ever
Senator
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 07:05:37 am »

I got told off for laughing at work.
I had been there a couple of months and had my review.
I don't think the ass hole boss could find anything wrong so picked on for for that.
He told me was not ok to laugh during work hours to loud.  I look at him and started to laugh(could not help myself).
I worked for an air line as a computer operator and 90% of the people spoke chinesse.  They would talk then look at you then giggle, things like that.  I brought this up and he said they would not talk about people like that.  Bull shit.

It had to be the most rasiest place i have ever seen in the world.  Any english speaking person what not treated very well.  I am glad I was only there for 3 months. 
Report Spam   Logged

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.
Magoo
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 07:53:35 am »

So now we have the Laugh Police?
Report Spam   Logged
bump head benny
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 04:05:30 am »

Geezus kerist!!!    Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

Lets kill all the warmongers.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print