Xtra News Community 2
March 29, 2024, 06:51:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Xtra News Community 2 — please also join our XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links BITEBACK! XNC2-BACKUP-GROUP Staff List Login Register  

Doomsday Dazza Disappointed Again

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doomsday Dazza Disappointed Again  (Read 721 times)
ballasted moth
Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« on: February 28, 2010, 04:56:15 pm »

Another tsunami warning that fortunately amounted to nothing and unfortunately the NZ public are starting to live out the boy who cried wolf which of course is a very dangerous situation

Meanwhile Dazza and KTJ will have to go back to their climate change fantasies to get their jollies
Report Spam   Logged

Greens are really RED

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Magoo
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 05:02:35 pm »

Well I reckon Dazza did a good job BM and found his posts very informative.   
Bet you read everyword too.
Report Spam   Logged
Alicat
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 05:04:27 pm »

Another tsunami warning that fortunately amounted to nothing and unfortunately the NZ public are starting to live out the boy who cried wolf which of course is a very dangerous situation

Meanwhile Dazza and KTJ will have to go back to their climate change fantasies to get their jollies

For goodness sake pull your head in Ballasted Moth.

I'm sure I am not the only Member who watched the thread Dazza started regarding the Tsunami warning with interest and appreciation. It certainly was not a doomsday thread but an extremely informative one with regular updates as they came in.

Did you not watch the TV News throughout the day and see the changes in the tides?

DAZZA - thank you on behalf of those of us who appreciated the efforts you put into keeping the information flowing through.

BALLASTED MOTH -
Report Spam   Logged
ballasted moth

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 05:07:18 pm »

Im appalled at such rudeness
Report Spam   Logged

Greens are really RED
Alicat
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 05:07:56 pm »

Doomsday Dazza Disappointed Again

BM - your thread subject is out of line. You are showing your ignorance in suggesting that Dazza is disappointed. Had you not considered that he might be extremely relieved that alls well (for NZ) that ends well?
Report Spam   Logged
nitpicker1
XNC2 GOD

Nothing sexceeds like sexcess

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 05:17:13 pm »

you have exceeded your quota of stupid for this life BM.  Go get a rebirth
Report Spam   Logged

"Life might not be the party you were expecting, but you're here now, so you may as well get up and dance"
Brownie55
Global Moderator

OK, so what’s the speed of dark?

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 05:52:30 pm »

This is the first site I looked at when I got home because I knew Dazza would have posted about ....

Report Spam   Logged

I almost had a psychic boyfriend, but he left me before we met.
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 06:11:07 pm »

Im appalled at such rudeness

I'm appalled at such ignorance, stupidity and lack of intelligence.

We've all seen in recent years how tsunamis can kill huge numbers of human beings.

Perhaps BallastedMoth really wants to see huge numbers of NZers killed so he can get his jollies off watching the TV news footage?

I think I might have to nominate BallastedMoth for the “Dumbfuck of the Week” award!
Report Spam   Logged

If you aren't living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space! 
ballasted moth

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 06:33:46 pm »

You cant deny you love wallowing in misery
Report Spam   Logged

Greens are really RED
Brownie55
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 06:46:25 pm »

Hmmmm seems more like you do!
Report Spam   Logged

Alicat
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2010, 06:51:45 pm »

Hmmmm seems more like you do!

What Brownie says
Report Spam   Logged
robman
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2010, 06:58:47 pm »

well... we do know that Daz is a bit of a disaster whore and wallows in a good catastrophe when one comes along....or even when one doesn't.
I have to agree with the others though, the updates were much appreciated and he was ahead of The Herald by hours. Even faster than the Trademe message board...
Report Spam   Logged

I once thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.
Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2010, 07:04:35 pm »

The latest “Dumbfuck of the Week” Award has been awarded.
Report Spam   Logged

robman
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2010, 07:08:53 pm »

I can't find anything wrong with that statement, we saw how angry the throttler was when it was suggested the world wasn't melting after all..
Report Spam   Logged

I once thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.
Brownie55
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2010, 07:19:45 pm »

well... we do know that Daz is a bit of a disaster whore and wallows in a good catastrophe when one comes along....or even when one doesn't.
I have to agree with the others though, the updates were much appreciated and he was ahead of The Herald by hours. Even faster than the Trademe message board...

An interest in the earth and its power doesn't make someone a "disaster whore ".

Report Spam   Logged

Kiwithrottlejockey
Admin Staff
XNC2 GOD

Having fun in the hills!

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2010, 07:21:02 pm »

Some profound reading for the robinman.
Report Spam   Logged

ballasted moth

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2010, 07:44:11 pm »

Robman provides great balance and wisdom
Report Spam   Logged

Greens are really RED
Ferney

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2010, 08:50:14 pm »

well... we do know that Daz wallows in a good catastrophe when one comes along....or even when one doesn't.

I have to agree with Robman.  I don't read Dazza's catastrophe threads but those that are interested seem to appreciate them.   
Report Spam   Logged
TokGal
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2010, 03:42:36 am »

I agree with Alicat. Your thread was much appreciated Dazza.
Report Spam   Logged
TokGal
Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2010, 04:03:19 am »

I can't get over the stupidity of some people, the hundreds of idiots that raced down to the beaches to watch the tsunami come ashore, totally ignoring the civil defence warnings. Okay, so it came to little, we should be pleased about that not slating the civil defence people now and saying they over reacted. We'd soon complain if they didn't warn us at all.

The trouble is here in NZ we haven't had a destructive tsunami like the ones other countries have suffered, we've only seen them on the news broadcasts so people are curious, they think that if they go to a hill and watch they'll be safe.........I'd bet the people who live in Thailand and Indonesia and the other places that have had really destructive tsunamis come ashore don't run to watch it, they head for the hills pronto!

By the way HAPPY ST. DAVID'S DAY  everyone.

Cymru am byth!
Report Spam   Logged
ssweetpea
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2010, 05:49:25 am »

The thing is the tsunami did happen, its effect was clearly visible in many places in NZ.

Just think what would have happened if surges that Lyttleton had had been of similar height in the Waitamata and the big cargo ships and cruise liner were still tied up at the wharves.

At best there would have been damaged ships and very damaged wharves and many of the berths would have been out of action for some time.

If a 1metre surge had occured at high tide we could have been picking ships out of Quay St.

On city beaches like Takapuna a normal high tide backed by the wind can leave you with salty wet feet when you are standing on the grass. An extra metre and  it would not just breaking into the carpark and reserve. It would be sweeping cars away and into the millionares mile.

We got lucky and the bulk of the force was directed north.
Report Spam   Logged

The way politicians run this country a small white cat should have no problem http://sally4mp.blogspot.com/
AnFaolchudubh

Faugh a ballagh!

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2010, 07:29:12 am »

I have to agree with Rob on this, I liken dazza (and KTJ) to born again christians with many of their posts, behaviour and attitudes!

But the thing is that the tidal wave post was appreciated by many on here.

I can't get over the stupidity of some people, the hundreds of idiots that raced down to the beaches to watch the tsunami come ashore, totally ignoring the civil defence warnings. Okay, so it came to little, we should be pleased about that not slating the civil defence people now and saying they over reacted. We'd soon complain if they didn't warn us at all.

The trouble is here in NZ we haven't had a destructive tsunami like the ones other countries have suffered, we've only seen them on the news broadcasts so people are curious, they think that if they go to a hill and watch they'll be safe.........I'd bet the people who live in Thailand and Indonesia and the other places that have had really destructive tsunamis come ashore don't run to watch it, they head for the hills pronto!

Let them go, in my opinion if you're stupid enough to go to watch it at least you'll get taken out of the gene pool, I don't think we should worry about trying to save those sorts of people... I'm sure the PCers will!
Report Spam   Logged

Stupid people are not an endangered species so why are we protecting them
R. S. OhAllmurain
Ferney

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2010, 08:26:54 am »

I agree AnFaol.  People who ignore the warnings to stay away from the beaches deserve not to be rescued.    Anyone who knew of the warnings and still went to the east coast beaches yesterday were stupid.  They also had no regard for the safety of those who actually lived in those risk areas and could have needed assistance to evacuate.

I think the Civil Defence did a good job.   
Report Spam   Logged
Newtown-Fella
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2010, 09:32:14 am »

you have exceeded your quota of stupid for this life BM.  Go get a rebirth

no not a rebirth he might come back worse that he/she is now !!
Report Spam   Logged
DazzaMc
Don't give me Karma!
Admin Staff
Absolutely Fabulously Incredibly Shit-Hot Member

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2010, 05:08:03 pm »

Not disappointed at ALL.
In fact - I was VERY relived.

And those of you who think I relish the thought of death and destruction... you clearly don't know me.

If I was a thin skinned brat I'd almost find the title of this thread insulting I reckon....

What I DO relish however is planetary sciences and this event was a planetary event - it's not often that sort of thing happens so of course I was very interested. Interested enough in fact to sit up ALL night sucking the most information I could from the sources I know and trying to make head or tail out of what went on - and then updating anyone I could. I was pumping updates both here and on Facebook and Twitter and I am proud to say that I was often hours ahead of any media outlet and in many cases even the local civil defense.

I'll post a summary of what REALLY happened during that night later on.

An interesting fact - a 2 meter surge was recorded in Gisborne and it STILL hasn't made it into the media?

Like I have always said - in moments like that NEVER trust the media.

Back later - I'll go see if I can find any other abuse from dumb shits on the board first.

For those of you's with a true appreciation of what a Tsunami is - thank for your support while I have been away over the past 24 hours (finishing off a website: www.finestkind.co.nz).
I glad to know it wasn't all a waste of effort.

Smiley
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 05:32:44 pm by DazzaMc » Report Spam   Logged

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: